Welcome to Smart Roadster ownership...

This is the history of my Smart Roadster to the present day, that will be constantly updated with information that you will hopefully find useful and informative throughout your Roadster ownership... enjoy ;-)

Tuesday 31 July 2007

Brakes

June/July/August 2007...

I ordered a set of Brembo gold, drilled front discs and pads, paid for them on the 26 June 2007 expecting a 7-21 day wait for delivery from Italy where they are made to order... 5 weeks later and the pads have arrived but the discs are still on back order, I hope they are worth the wait... 8 weeks in and apparently the Itallians go on holiday in August, but the two weeks before and after are treated in the same way!!

I'm not waiting any longer... so I got some Tarox Japan Sport slotted/grooved and drilled discs with green stuff pads (see below), they are excellent. I would reccomend them but maybe only grooved/slotted ones as the holes take a way surface area in contact when braking and could be detrimental, also there is the possinility of the discs cracking but time will tell.



Think I'll go for the Red-Dot slotted discs when these wear out.

No comments: